Founders’ Awards Dinner
October 23, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
This year, Colonie Senior Service Centers will honor business and community leaders at the 17th Annual Founders’ Dinner with the Colonie Senior Spirit Award for their contribution to the local senior community as they honor the values and community spirit of our founders. The 17th Annual Founders’ Dinner will take place at 5:30 p.m., on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at The Century House, located at 977 New Loudon Road in Latham.
2018 Colonie Senior Spirit Awardees:
- Bill Lia and Lia Autogroup, Inc. will receive the Fred G. Field Transportation Colonie Senior Spirit Award for their efforts to promote independence and self-reliance for seniors by developing and expanding senior transportation options.
- Therapy pigs, Bacon Bits and Albert EinSwine, along with their owners Terry Hutchinson and Bill Klingbell, will receive the Ann Marie Sheehy Bright Horizons Colonie Senior Spirit Award. This is being presented for their commitment and achievement in providing and enhancing access to adult day services and caregiver support for seniors and their families.
- The Town of Colonie Senior Resources Department will receive the Joseph R. Simon Senior Housing Colonie Spirit Award for its vision and leadership in developing housing options for seniors.
- The Jan Susan Medved Senior Dining Colonie Senior Spirit Award will be presented to Honest Weight Food Co-op for its dedication and efforts to help seniors maintain their health through good nutrition.
- The Honorable Jack McEneny and Professor/Cav. Philip J. DiNovo will both be presented with the Marion T. Lamar Health & Wellness Colonie Senior Spirit Award. They receive this
honor for their commitment and dedication in developing opportunities for seniors to maintain and enhance their physical and intellectual talents.
- The Mary E. Brizzell Building a Senior Community Colonie Senior Spirit Award will be awarded to Tom Gallagher, from Cornell Cooperative Extension, to recognize his efforts to identify and strengthenthe existing network of services for seniors and their families.
This year, Colonie Senior Service Centers celebrates thirty-seven years of providing services throughout Colonie and the Capital Region. We would be privileged to have you share in our celebration of these very special individuals and businesses that have made a significant and positive impact on the lives of seniors and their families.
Please contact Sharon Herald at 518-459-2857, extension 302, to make your reservation to attend.